Win tickets to Tropical Wings zoo
TROPICAL Wings Zoo is running a great summer competition in conjunction with the Recorder to win three family tickets for a day out at the South Woodham Ferrers attraction. With so much to do and see there, you d be mad not to enter! The zoo has a surpri
TROPICAL Wings Zoo is running a great summer competition in conjunction with the Recorder to win three family tickets for a day out at the South Woodham Ferrers attraction.
With so much to do and see there, you'd be mad not to enter!
The zoo has a surprise around every corner and offers all-weather, all-day entertainment for the whole family.
Home to one of the largest butterfly houses in the UK, the wildlife park also features a variety of exotic and domestic birds and animals, including parrots, meerkats, wallabies, reptiles, lemurs, big bugs, skunks, a pets' corner, birds of prey and farmyard.
There is a children's playground and an indoor soft play centre, motorised ride-on tractors and a toddler play area.
Tropical Wings Zoo is open every day from 9.30am-5.30pm in the summer, with a daily programme of events, including animal encounters, free-flying bird shows and presentations.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 9 'Dickensian diseases’ to rise as a result of cost-of-living, warns Labour
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
There are special events every month, the next of which is Africa Day on Saturday, where this majestic continent will be brought to life. There will be special dance performances from the Mighty Zulu Nation, African drumming workshops to join in, the opportunity to learn more about the amazing African animals the zoo hosts and to try some traditional cuisine.
To find out how you could win a family ticket to the zoo, see this week's Recorder.