Win Twenty20 tickets!
With under a fortnight to go before the Twenty20 Cup gets underway, the Newham Recorder is teaming up with Essex Cricket Club to ensure you can be part of the action. If you like your cricket fast and furious, with sixes galore and wickets tumbling, then
With under a fortnight to go before the Twenty20 Cup gets underway, the Newham Recorder is teaming up with Essex Cricket Club to ensure you can be part of the action.
If you like your cricket fast and furious, with sixes galore and wickets tumbling, then the Twenty20 will be right up your street.
The Essex Eagles have been a huge success at Twenty20, making the Finals Day for the past two seasons.
With the likes of Graham Napier, who smashed a stunning 152 not out off just 52 balls against Sussex last year, there is never a dull moment at Chelmsford.
That innings alone catapulted him into the spotlight, and a place in England's World Twenty20 squad, while wicketkeeper James Foster has also now received international recognition after some sparkling performances.
The Recorder are offering a family pass for the Twenty20 home clash at Chelmsford with Kent on Monday, June 1.
- 1 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 5 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 6 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
The prize is for two adults and two children to attend the match, which starts at 5.30pm, for free thanks to Essex CCC.
To enter, all you need to do is answer this simple question.
Who scored 152 not out against Sussex in last year's competiton?
You can send your answer to email@example.com or send a postcard to: Sports Desk, Recorder Newspapers, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1UD, stating your name, address and daytime telephone number.
Normal competition rules apply and the Sports Editor's decision is final.
The closing date is Tuesday, May 26.