Win Twenty20 tickets!
With under a fortnight to go before the Twenty20 Cup gets underway, the Newham Recorder is teaming up with Essex Cricket Club to ensure you can be part of the action. If you like your cricket fast and furious, with sixes galore and wickets tumbling, then
With under a fortnight to go before the Twenty20 Cup gets underway, the Newham Recorder is teaming up with Essex Cricket Club to ensure you can be part of the action.
If you like your cricket fast and furious, with sixes galore and wickets tumbling, then the Twenty20 will be right up your street.
The Essex Eagles have been a huge success at Twenty20, making the Finals Day for the past two seasons.
With the likes of Graham Napier, who smashed a stunning 152 not out off just 52 balls against Sussex last year, there is never a dull moment at Chelmsford.
You may also want to watch:
That innings alone catapulted him into the spotlight, and a place in England's World Twenty20 squad, while wicketkeeper James Foster has also now received international recognition after some sparkling performances.
The Recorder are offering a family pass for the Twenty20 home clash at Chelmsford with Kent on Monday, June 1.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
The prize is for two adults and two children to attend the match, which starts at 5.30pm, for free thanks to Essex CCC.
To enter, all you need to do is answer this simple question.
Who scored 152 not out against Sussex in last year's competiton?
You can send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a postcard to: Sports Desk, Recorder Newspapers, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1UD, stating your name, address and daytime telephone number.
Normal competition rules apply and the Sports Editor's decision is final.
The closing date is Tuesday, May 26.