Winter Wonderland - win family tickets
HYDE Park Winter Wonderland has returned to the heart of the capital for six weeks of festive fun, until January 3. Although there is no admission fee, visitors do have to pay for the large outdoor ice rink, the iconic 95.8 Capital FM Giant Wheel, with 40
HYDE Park Winter Wonderland has returned to the heart of the capital for six weeks of festive fun, until January 3.
Although there is no admission fee, visitors do have to pay for the large outdoor ice rink, the iconic 95.8 Capital FM Giant Wheel, with 40 heated pods offering spectacular views across the city, and, of course, the numerous other rides.
But the Recorder is giving away three family tickets, which cover the cost of ice skating and all the rides at Winter Wonderland.
There's a German Christmas market, with more than 60 individual Tyrolean-style chalets selling unique gifts.
You may also want to watch:
New for 2009, visitors can enjoy Zippo's Christmas Circus in its own heated big top with a 45-minute show.
Other new additions include the 66m Power Tower (not advised for those with a fear of heights), a new rollercoaster, the Black Hole ride, which twists and turns at breakneck speed in the dark, and a dinosaur-inspired Ice Monster to experience from the inside out, plus much more.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
There's plenty of fantastic food and drink - bratwurst sausages and continental beer, steaks and gluhwein (mulled wine), hog-roasts, pies, hot cider and real ale.
To find out how you could win tickets, see this week's Recorder.