Winter Wonderland - win family tickets
HYDE Park Winter Wonderland has returned to the heart of the capital for six weeks of festive fun, until January 3. Although there is no admission fee, visitors do have to pay for the large outdoor ice rink, the iconic 95.8 Capital FM Giant Wheel, with 40
HYDE Park Winter Wonderland has returned to the heart of the capital for six weeks of festive fun, until January 3.
Although there is no admission fee, visitors do have to pay for the large outdoor ice rink, the iconic 95.8 Capital FM Giant Wheel, with 40 heated pods offering spectacular views across the city, and, of course, the numerous other rides.
But the Recorder is giving away three family tickets, which cover the cost of ice skating and all the rides at Winter Wonderland.
There's a German Christmas market, with more than 60 individual Tyrolean-style chalets selling unique gifts.
New for 2009, visitors can enjoy Zippo's Christmas Circus in its own heated big top with a 45-minute show.
Other new additions include the 66m Power Tower (not advised for those with a fear of heights), a new rollercoaster, the Black Hole ride, which twists and turns at breakneck speed in the dark, and a dinosaur-inspired Ice Monster to experience from the inside out, plus much more.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
There's plenty of fantastic food and drink - bratwurst sausages and continental beer, steaks and gluhwein (mulled wine), hog-roasts, pies, hot cider and real ale.
To find out how you could win tickets, see this week's Recorder.