Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- Credit: Submitted
A 72-year-old woman has died after a van collided with her in Dagenham.
The pedestrian was found injured in Princess Parade, New Road after police were called to reports of a collision at 10.55am today (August 5).
London Ambulance Service (LAS) and London's Air Ambulance were at the scene where paramedics treated the woman.
Despite their efforts, she was pronounced dead at 11.53am. The emergency services are trying to get hold of the next of kin.
An LAS spokesperson said: "We were called at 10:52am today (August 5) to reports of a road traffic collision involving a person in New Road, Dagenham.
"We sent an ambulance crew, two medics in cars, an advanced paramedic and an incident response officer to the scene.
"Sadly, despite the efforts of medics, a person died at the scene."
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
Road closures and cordons have been in place. There have been no arrests. The driver stopped at the scene.
Anyone who witnessed what happened, has footage or information should call the police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity @CrimestoppersUK on 0800 555 111.