Woman killed by lorry in Green Lane, Dagenham to be buried today
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of Masuma Mawji, who died last week in Dagenham after being hit by a lorry as she crossed the road, will be held today.
Salaatul Mayyit will be prayed at Husaini Islamic Centre, Stanmore straight after Dhuhrain Salaat.
She will be buried at North Watford Cemetery, Watford, this afternoon.
Masuma, 25, was killed a week ago today in Green Lane, Dagenham.
Family friend Ray Mehta, who has worked with Masuma’s father for more than 30 years, said: “Masuma was very courageous and she was always out on her own despite her disability, which affected her legs.
“She always walked very slowly but she was always very careful and used the crossing. It was so sad how it happened, she was just out buying lunch.”
The family, who live in Hornchurch after moving from Dunkeld Road, Goodmayes, four years ago, are said to be “devastated”.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
• If you would like to leave a tribute for Masuma, email sara.odeen-isbister, or call 020 8477 3800.