Woman rescued from flat fire in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A woman was rescued after a fire broke out at a block of flats in Barking town centre.
About 60 people rushed from the building in Arboretum Place before four fire engines and 25 firefighters arrived on Saturday morning.
The woman was led to safety from the seventh floor of the 18-storey building by fire crews wearing breathing apparatus.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “There were no reports of any injuries.
“The balcony of a five-roomed flat on the seventh floor was destroyed by the fire and a small part of the flat was damaged.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Barking, East Ham and Ilford stations had the blaze under control by about midday after receiving reports of a fire at 11.07am.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend