Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- Credit: Submitted
A Barking mum has said either she or her children could have been killed when wood fell off a truck and onto their car.
The woman, who does not wish to be named, said she was waiting at traffic lights in Fanshawe Avenue, Barking on Thursday (April 15) at around 11am when the incident happened.
She described how a truck came around the bend carrying "a load of wood".
The woman, who is pregnant and was travelling with her two children aged six and three, reported that the strap came loose and the wood fell and crashed onto her car.
"If the wood had smashed through my window, it could have killed me or my kids."
You may also want to watch:
The collision should act as a warning to truck drivers to secure their goods better, she added.
A Met Police spokesperson said it was a "damage-only" incident and that details were exchanged by the parties involved.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking