World Twenty20 place for Essex ace Bopara
England have named Essex all-rounder Ravi Bopara in their provisional 30-man squad for the ICC World Twenty20. Bopara, who was born in Forest Gate and went to Brampton Manor school has fallen out of favour with the national set-up recently, and wasn t inc
England have named Essex all-rounder Ravi Bopara in their provisional 30-man squad for the ICC World Twenty20.
Bopara, who was born in Forest Gate and went to Brampton Manor school has fallen out of favour with the national set-up recently, and wasn't included in the tour to Bangladesh.
There is no place for team-mate Alastair Cook though, who is currently captaining England in their one-day series in Bangladesh
Meanwhile, Bopara, 24, will represent Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League despite doubts over security.
You may also want to watch:
"Ravi Bopara is going to be in India no later than March 3 to play in the IPL," said a statement from the team.
"All media reports on his non-participation are speculative.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
"We have spoken to Bopara and he has confirmed his participation and he is eagerly waiting to join in the hunt for the 2010 IPL Trophy."
Essex all-rounder Graham Napier is also in the IPL, playing for the Mumbai Indians.