Year One (12A)
IN THE beginning, there was nothing. Then, Harold Ramis had an idea. I was thinking about two things in comedy that I love, says the writer-director-producer. One was Mel Brooks Two-Thousand-Year-Old Man, and the other was an improvisation I stage
IN THE beginning, there was nothing. Then, Harold Ramis had an idea.
"I was thinking about two things in comedy that I love," says the writer-director-producer.
"One was Mel Brooks' Two-Thousand-Year-Old Man, and the other was an improvisation I staged 35 years ago with John Belushi and Bill Murray.
"Bill played a Cro-Magnon man with a completely hip and contemporary vibe, and John played a Neanderthal Man as an idiot. For this movie, I had those inspirations in mind when I thought it would be really interesting to put someone with a contemporary consciousness in an ancient setting."
That's when he hit upon the idea for YEAR ONE (12A).
In his words: "Two innocent, know-nothing Paleolithic hunter-gatherers, Zed and Oh, get kicked out of their Garden of Eden paradise and begin a search for what life is all about."
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
Jack Black and John Cera star.
Black says: "I liked the script's attitude - nothing is sacred. It doesn't take anything seriously."
Hank Azaria, Vinnie Jones are among the supporting cast.