Year One (12A)
IN THE beginning, there was nothing. Then, Harold Ramis had an idea. I was thinking about two things in comedy that I love, says the writer-director-producer. One was Mel Brooks Two-Thousand-Year-Old Man, and the other was an improvisation I stage
IN THE beginning, there was nothing. Then, Harold Ramis had an idea.
"I was thinking about two things in comedy that I love," says the writer-director-producer.
"One was Mel Brooks' Two-Thousand-Year-Old Man, and the other was an improvisation I staged 35 years ago with John Belushi and Bill Murray.
"Bill played a Cro-Magnon man with a completely hip and contemporary vibe, and John played a Neanderthal Man as an idiot. For this movie, I had those inspirations in mind when I thought it would be really interesting to put someone with a contemporary consciousness in an ancient setting."
You may also want to watch:
That's when he hit upon the idea for YEAR ONE (12A).
In his words: "Two innocent, know-nothing Paleolithic hunter-gatherers, Zed and Oh, get kicked out of their Garden of Eden paradise and begin a search for what life is all about."
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
Jack Black and John Cera star.
Black says: "I liked the script's attitude - nothing is sacred. It doesn't take anything seriously."
Hank Azaria, Vinnie Jones are among the supporting cast.