Year One (12A)
IN THE beginning, there was nothing. Then, Harold Ramis had an idea. I was thinking about two things in comedy that I love, says the writer-director-producer. One was Mel Brooks Two-Thousand-Year-Old Man, and the other was an improvisation I stage
IN THE beginning, there was nothing. Then, Harold Ramis had an idea.
"I was thinking about two things in comedy that I love," says the writer-director-producer.
"One was Mel Brooks' Two-Thousand-Year-Old Man, and the other was an improvisation I staged 35 years ago with John Belushi and Bill Murray.
"Bill played a Cro-Magnon man with a completely hip and contemporary vibe, and John played a Neanderthal Man as an idiot. For this movie, I had those inspirations in mind when I thought it would be really interesting to put someone with a contemporary consciousness in an ancient setting."
That's when he hit upon the idea for YEAR ONE (12A).
In his words: "Two innocent, know-nothing Paleolithic hunter-gatherers, Zed and Oh, get kicked out of their Garden of Eden paradise and begin a search for what life is all about."
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
Jack Black and John Cera star.
Black says: "I liked the script's attitude - nothing is sacred. It doesn't take anything seriously."
Hank Azaria, Vinnie Jones are among the supporting cast.