Charity wants young people from Barking and Dagenham for new film-making project
- Credit: Young Foundation
The Young Foundation is looking for a team of young filmmakers from Barking and Dagenham for a new project.
Anyone aged 16 to 24 can apply for the six video workshops happening this Autumn to explore issues and challenges in the borough - including stereotypes and prejudices.
Participants will get access to training to use equipment, in filmmaking and storytelling techniques, and the chance to work with other young creatives.
The Young Foundation's Hannah Davis said: "This project is a chance for young people in the borough to tell their story.
"You'll be thinking about challenges facing your communities and create a film as a team exploring these. You'll be involved in all parts of the process - from planning, to filming, to editing, and designing a final screening.
You may also want to watch:
"There's no experience in filmmaking required, just enthusiasm and an open mind."
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, October 9. Young people can apply by sending a short bio and saying why they want to be on the course to email@example.com or WhatsApping 07535 976931.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week