Young in the walk of life to cheer up old folk
IT S back to the glorious 80s, when the Pet Shop Boys were ruling the roost…just like they are now…for another Days of the Old School Yard. And it was a case of East End boys and East End girls – doing the Lambeth Walk in Plaistow. Maybe it s because they
IT'S back to the glorious 80s, when the Pet Shop Boys were ruling the roost...just like they are now...for another Days of the Old School Yard.
And it was a case of East End boys and East End girls - doing the Lambeth Walk in Plaistow.
Maybe it's because they were Londoners that the 25th Newham West Scout Group put on such a cheering Reminisce show at the Guinness Trust Home in Plaistow Road for the OAPs there.
The show, performed by 30 Cubs and Scouts, consisted of sketches, plays and songs.
You may also want to watch:
The highlight was a grand finale featuring a foot-storming, hand clapping medley of golden oldie Cockney classics which would have put Me and My Girl to shame.
The lads made their own props and costumes for the show, which was also attended by the then Mayor and Mayoress of Newham, Cllr. and Mrs Tom Nolan.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
The Cubs and Scouts were rewarded for their efforts with a round of applause from the home's elderly residents and an entertainment badge each.
Just strollin'...three of the cast (left to right) Chris Franks, John Sheppard and David Bell step out to entertain their audience, in the old black and white shot featured above.