Young invited to 'cook up a storm' for the dfinner table
TV food presenter Stefan Gates is challenging the young of Newham to create and cook a dream meal for friends. Stefan, the CBBC food adventurer and Gastronuts presenter, heads the panel of judges from The Guild of Food Writers who run the children s CookI
TV food presenter Stefan Gates is challenging the young of Newham to create and cook a dream meal for friends.
Stefan, the CBBC food adventurer and Gastronuts presenter, heads the panel of judges from The Guild of Food Writers who run the children's CookIt! 2010 competition.
Children will be tasked to let their imaginations run wild to create a delicious two-course meal designed to "enchant and delight" their friends.
Stefan said he loves nothing better than making food that's fun, interactive and surprising.
You may also want to watch:
Six finalists will battle it out in a Cook Off in London in June. All finalists will receive exciting prizes with the winner going on a family holiday to Cornwall. Details of the competition and an entry form are available on www.gfw.co.uk/children. The closing date for entries is 30th April
Last year's winner was 12-year-old Robbie Main from Lincoln with an adventurous dish of pancetta chicken stuffed with wild mushrooms, served on a bed of leek and parsnip noodles, with pea puree and rosemary roast potatoes.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham