Zola’s no fan of Sam’s football
SAM ALLARDYCE has never been a great fan of West Ham United, stretching back to the time when Yossi Benayoun opted for the Hammers instead of his beloved Bolton Wanderers However, it seems that Gianfranco Zola has respect, but not a liking for Allardyce
SAM ALLARDYCE has never been a great fan of West Ham United, stretching back to the time when Yossi Benayoun opted for the Hammers instead of his beloved Bolton Wanderers
However, it seems that Gianfranco Zola has respect, but not a liking for Allardyce's style of football.
Speaking after Saturday's 1-1 draw, when Allardyce had slammed the linesman for allowing West Ham's goal when it appeared Luis Boa Morte had collected the ball in an offside position, Zola was asked about Rovers' brand of football.
"Blackburn Rovers' style is not my type of football," said the Italian, "But I respect the way they play because Sam has won some very good points for the club.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not my ideal and, in football, not all the teams can play the same way. Not all the managers have the same ideas and I am a manager who likes to see differences in football. I wouldn't want to see just one way to play. That's not a reality.
"In Italy, we say: 'You can get to Rome in different ways'. The important thing is to get to Rome!"
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
What a wise man!