Zola’s no fan of Sam’s football
SAM ALLARDYCE has never been a great fan of West Ham United, stretching back to the time when Yossi Benayoun opted for the Hammers instead of his beloved Bolton Wanderers However, it seems that Gianfranco Zola has respect, but not a liking for Allardyce
SAM ALLARDYCE has never been a great fan of West Ham United, stretching back to the time when Yossi Benayoun opted for the Hammers instead of his beloved Bolton Wanderers
However, it seems that Gianfranco Zola has respect, but not a liking for Allardyce's style of football.
Speaking after Saturday's 1-1 draw, when Allardyce had slammed the linesman for allowing West Ham's goal when it appeared Luis Boa Morte had collected the ball in an offside position, Zola was asked about Rovers' brand of football.
"Blackburn Rovers' style is not my type of football," said the Italian, "But I respect the way they play because Sam has won some very good points for the club.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not my ideal and, in football, not all the teams can play the same way. Not all the managers have the same ideas and I am a manager who likes to see differences in football. I wouldn't want to see just one way to play. That's not a reality.
"In Italy, we say: 'You can get to Rome in different ways'. The important thing is to get to Rome!"
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 5 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
What a wise man!