Zola - we can win replay
WEST HAM fans are to receive free travel to next Wednesday s FA Cup replay at Midlesbrough, and manager Gianfranco Zola is confident that it will be worth going, writes Dave Evans. The match has been put back 24 hours for live coverage on ITV, but if you
WEST HAM fans are to receive free travel to next Wednesday's FA Cup replay at Midlesbrough, and manager Gianfranco Zola is confident that it will be worth going, writes Dave Evans.
The match has been put back 24 hours for live coverage on ITV, but if you want to be sure of seeing the goals go in, it might be worth making the long trip north.
Zola is in two minds about the prospect of an extra fixture.
"The replay is not great news, but it's okay," he said. "We want to go through and we are going to try to find what we didn't have in the first game.
You may also want to watch:
"It's going to be tough, it's going to be more difficult whatever, but we are determined to go through."
A trip to Everton awaits the winners in the quarter-final and defender James Collins is convinced that the team have the capabilities to book a trip to Goodison Park.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
"If we raise our performance to how it's been over the last few weeks, then there's no reason why we can't go up there and get a result," said the Welshman.
Saturday may have been frustrating for the manager, but he is still in love with the FA Cup.
"It's a fantastic competition," he insisted. "I heard some people saying it is losing something, but I think that is absolute nonsense.
"It's a fantastic competition and we have to make sure everybody values it because it is unique," he concluded.
The match kicks-off at 8.10pm.