Zola - we can win replay
WEST HAM fans are to receive free travel to next Wednesday s FA Cup replay at Midlesbrough, and manager Gianfranco Zola is confident that it will be worth going, writes Dave Evans. The match has been put back 24 hours for live coverage on ITV, but if you
WEST HAM fans are to receive free travel to next Wednesday's FA Cup replay at Midlesbrough, and manager Gianfranco Zola is confident that it will be worth going, writes Dave Evans.
The match has been put back 24 hours for live coverage on ITV, but if you want to be sure of seeing the goals go in, it might be worth making the long trip north.
Zola is in two minds about the prospect of an extra fixture.
"The replay is not great news, but it's okay," he said. "We want to go through and we are going to try to find what we didn't have in the first game.
You may also want to watch:
"It's going to be tough, it's going to be more difficult whatever, but we are determined to go through."
A trip to Everton awaits the winners in the quarter-final and defender James Collins is convinced that the team have the capabilities to book a trip to Goodison Park.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
"If we raise our performance to how it's been over the last few weeks, then there's no reason why we can't go up there and get a result," said the Welshman.
Saturday may have been frustrating for the manager, but he is still in love with the FA Cup.
"It's a fantastic competition," he insisted. "I heard some people saying it is losing something, but I think that is absolute nonsense.
"It's a fantastic competition and we have to make sure everybody values it because it is unique," he concluded.
The match kicks-off at 8.10pm.