Romford began a new chapter in their history with victory over Essex Senior League rivals Ilford on an emotional day at East Thurrock.

And former landlords Barking earned a point under new management at Saffron Walden, but Frenford finished empty-handed after suffering a home defeat against Takeley.

There were mixed fortunes for local Thurlow Nunnn League rivals too, as Clapton beat Enfield Borough, while Barkingside and Hackney Wick shared the spoils.

Clapton Community were also held to a 2-2 draw by in-form Wormley Rovers, but Tower Hamlets fell to defeat at Harlow Town.

Romford were playing their first match at a new home ground and saw a crowd of 232 take advantage of their offer of free entry, as the Foxes arrived buoyed by midweek success at Hullbridge Sports.

Boro's Finlay Dorrell headed wide and saw another effort ruled out for offside, while Ogheneruemu Abutok fired over for the visitors.

But Charlie Morris opened the scoring on 34 minutes as he controlled a pass from Daniel Nabikov-Getmansky, beat David Ejakita and fired past Kasey Clark.

Dorrell was denied by another offside flag in the second half, before Clark saved from Henry Hart.

But Ilford levelled on 62 minutes when Quincy Warner pulled the ball back for Oliseh Okuguni to sidefoot home.

Junior Luke had penalty claims turned down, and was booked for diving, but sealed a 2-1 win a minute later when Scott Doe headed on and he fired home.

Luke Hirst fired Barking into a seventh-minute lead at Saffron Walden, to the delight of joint managers Jonny Fowell and Mike Walther, before the hosts hit back to level on 33 minutes.

Greg Akpele put Blues back in front from the penalty spot before half-time, but Darnell Kithambo replied just past the hour as it ended all square.

Frenford found themselves two goals down at the break against Takeley, but Roy Stevens hit back soon after the restart.

The visitors restored their cushion moments later, though, and Ben Bridgman's injury-time effort was little consolation.

David McGrath's goal in first-half stoppage time earned Clapton a victory which lifted them up to 19th in the table.

And Barkingside came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Hackney Wick, as Fred Agyemang netted a late penalty.

Victory Akam and Leonardo Pola Lopete struck either side of the break to put Wick on top at Cricklefields.

But Agyemang hit back on 70 minutes, then saved his side a point five minutes from time with his 15th goal of the season.

Clapton Community took the lead against Wormley as Fred Taylor slotted home a pass from Terry Amoafo.

But the visitors headed an equaliser from a corner and only a superb save from Jack Francis denied them a second.

Wormley also hit the crossbar before half-time, before Amoafo restored the home side's lead in the second half.

They could not hold on, though, as an unsighted Francis was beaten in the last five minutes of normal time, before Wormley wasted a great chance to net a winner late on.

Tower Hamlets fell to late defeat at Harlow Town, in front of a crowd of 322.

Solomon Asomah's brace had them on top, taking his tally for the season to 16, but Tom Jelliman hit back in first-half stoppage time.

Kyrell Palmer levelled midway through the second half, before Jelliman and Hamlets' Georgeito Mulonda was dismissed.

And Ishaq Ameen volleyed home at the near post from a free-kick on 88 minutes to earn the home side all three points.

Tuesday night sees Frenford travel to FC Clacton, while Enfield Borough host NW London.

Romford entertain Woodford Town on Wednesday, while Clapton host Harlow Town and Tower Hamlets welcome Clapton Community to Mile End Stadium.

Barkingside visit Park View, as Hutton host Stanway Pegasus in a league cup tie.