Woodford Town moved back up to second in the Essex Senior League table with a home win over Saffron Walden.

Romford slipped to third after losing at home to Hullbridge Sports, with Sporting Bengal United now behind them only on goal difference - with three games in hand - after a win at Buckhurst Hill.

Athletic Newham remain in sixth place after success at Little Oakley, while Barking moved into the top 10 with their triumph at Stanway Rovers.

Frenford ran out winners at bottom club Coggeshall Town, meanwhile, after Ilford had drawn with White Ensign on Friday night.

Luke Steele put Woods ahead just before the hour mark at Ashtons, with Normand Kebi and Jack Hilaire adding further goals just three minutes apart to seal their 3-0 victory in front of a crowd of 212.

But the club have seen star striker Luke Parrott leave for step three outfit Hashtag United.

Romford fell behind after just five minutes against Hullbridge, when Solomon Ofori's hopeful cross floated over Jake Anderson and found the net at the far post.

Charlie Morris was twice denied by Lamar Joseph-Johnson saves, while Kris Newby saw an effort fumbled and Junior Luke headed wide.

And a goalline clearance foiled Morris late on as Boro were kept at bay on a disappointing afternoon at East Thurrock.

Christian Adu Gyamfi's early goal from a Sheri Artmeladze cross proved enough for Sporting Bengal to claim a 1-0 win at Buckhurst Hill, where the visitors missed a second-half penalty.

And east London rivals Athletic Newham returned from the Essex coast with three points after coming from behind at the break to beat Little Oakley.

The visitors were also reduced to 10 men, but goals from Joel Appiah, Jacques Leurs and Christopher De Nguidjol ensured a happy trip back to the capital.

Barking made a similar journey up and down the A12 to Stanway, maintaining their improved form in a 2-0 triumph.

Karl Kayembe's early goal put them on their way, with Greg Akpele ensuring the points late on as they kept a fourth successive clean sheet.

Stanway had won five of their previous six games but Akpele cut the ball back for Kayembe to curl into the bottom corner for the opener.

The second goal arrived two minutes from time when Jack Folan and Brad Rowland combined and Akpele tapped home from close range.

Ilford had entertained White Ensign at Barking's Lawtech Stadium on Friday - while their legal battle over Cricklefields continues - but fell behind midway through the first half.

Substitute Elliott Howson levelled on his debut midway through the second half, only for the visitors - led by April Smith, the first female manager in league history, in the absence of Aaron Bloxham - to regain the lead 12 minutes from time.

And Henry Fisher popped up in the last minute to secure a point for Kwame Kwateng's lowly Foxes.

Frenford pulled five points clear of their local rivals after success at Coggeshall, where Kieron David opened the scoring on 18 minutes.

Bobby Dailly tapped in a second early in the second half, with David making it 3-0 just before the hour mark.

The Seedgrowers pulled a goal back with a quarter of an hour to play, before Dion Johnston sealed a 4-1 win for Frenford two minutes from time.