Dagenham fell just short, but secured a Regional Two Anglia bonus point in a 52-38 loss against Harrow.

They started brightly and had the first score of the game when Tommy Cameron made an excellent interception and was hauled down just short of the line before the ball found captain Nat Farrell to dive over in the corner.

It wasn’t long before the hosts replied, gaining field position and crashing over from a lineout for a converted try.

The Ds were soon under pressure again, with Harlow running in another try from close range, and they extended their lead to 26-5 with another try after a number of phases.

A great break from a quick tap penalty by Josh Cook broke the line, before finding Lewis Pruce to score under the posts.

And Dagenham had the final say of the half, with some excellent handling making the opportunity for Farrell to run in his second try, leaving the half-time score at 26-17.

Unfortunately the Ds were unable to prevent Harlow from extending their lead after the break, with a few defensive lapses seeing the hosts score two more tries.

It wasn’t long before Dagenham struck back, with Farrell completing his hat-trick of tries and securing an important four-try bonus point in the table.

Dagenham kept the pressure on Harlow and began to make some headway, as Jordan Darkwa broke several tackles to go close to the line, but was denied a score by an infringement as the visitors were instead awarded a penalty try.

The Ds were soon on the board again with a superb score from Liam Power, collecting a kick and racing in under the posts to bring the score to 40-38 and leave the game in the balance.

Harlow managed to build a sustained period of pressure, though, resulting in a number of infringements and eventually a yellow card.

And despite some excellent defending, the numerical advantage eventually told and Harlow were able to find two more tries to secure the victory.

Dagenham will be looking to finish their league season with a win when they host Brentwood next weekend (April 6).