Alisha Lehmann departs West Ham United for Aston Villa
- Credit: PA
West Ham United have confirmed that Alisha Lehmann has departed the club to sign for fellow Women's Super League side Aston Villa.
The 22-year-old Swiss International spent the second half of last season out on loan at Everton after she made a total of 9 appearances for the Hammers in the first part of the 2020-21 campaign.
Lehmann joined the Hammers in the summer of 2018 from BSC Young Boys Frauen from her homeland and scored nine goals in her debut season for the Irons, earning a nomination for the PFA Women's Young Player of the Year award.
Lehmann also appeared for the club in the 2019 FA Cup Final against Manchester City at the conclusion of West Ham's first ever season as a professional women's team.
On the deal new Aston Villa boss Carla Ward said "Alisha comes with both experience and an unbelievable amount of potential.
You may also want to watch:
"At 22, Alisha has already shown in recent seasons that she can light up any WSL game.
"I'm delighted she's put pen to paper and I'm looking forward to working with her, Alisha's a really exciting addition to the group."
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 8 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers