Barking to put FA Cup heartbreak behind them with Aveley trip
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Barking FC will look to put their FA Cup heartbreak behind them as they return to the Isthmian North.
The Blues will make the short trip to Parkside Stadium to take on Aveley under the Friday night lights as they look to continue their terrific start to the league campaign.
Justin Gardner’s side currently sit second in the league after four wins, with two games in hand on leaders Grays Athletic.
They head into the Aveley clash after suffering a 3-1 defeat to AFC Dunstable in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup at Mayesbrook Park.
A hat-trick from Bernard Christie proved too much for the Blues, who found a late consolation goal from new signing Andre Gumbs.
You may also want to watch:
Gumbs joined Barking this week after spending the last few seasons with league rivals Hullbridge Sports.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava