Six of the best at Barking & Dagenham junior parkrun
- Credit: B&D parkrun
Barking & Dagenham's latest junior parkrun produced six personal bests at Parsloes Park on Sunday.
Summer Smith was first to cross the line with one of them, clocking seven minutes 55 seconds for the 2k distance.
Ethan Standing (10.33) and Yaseen Elfallah (10.46) completed the top three, while Blossom Smith recorded a personal best of 11 minutes exactly.
Heath Baker (11.58) and Jacob Kelly (12.12) were next home, before more personal bests from Ryan Howlett (12.26), Olivia Kelly (13.55), Hannah Standing (14.02) and Sylvie Swinburne (15.38).
Gwyneth MW Li (15.53) and Samantha Maharjan (17.46) also took part and a spokesperson said: "What a great morning we had at Parsloes Park. We are very grateful to the volunteers who made this happen."
You may also want to watch:
Volunteering on the day were Andrew Beazeley, James and Sonya Byers, Nilam Chaudhari, Ashok Chaudhary, Rahana and Ryder Islam, James Kelly, Michael Lardner, Harrison KH Li, Jason JM Li, Leigh Li, Jenny O'Hanlon, Kresh, Sam and Timi Veerasamy, Ronnie Waller and Vicky Woodhouse.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking