Barking & Dagenham youngsters impress at first meet of New Year
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Barking & Dagenham Cycling Club
Four Barking & Dagenham Cycling Club members took part in their first race of the New Year on Saturday.
David Budjei, Emmanuel Budjei, Carys Dodd and Amy Harvey all took part in the event in Hillingdon.
Emmanuel Budjei competed in the under-eight boys’ race and came second on his first visit to the circuit in Hillingdon.
Older brother David was unfortunate to miss out on a spot on the podium in the under-10 boys’ race as he came fourth.
You may also want to watch:
In the under-14 girls’ race, Dodd performed strongly to finish fifth in a field that was packed full of quality.
Harvey, meanwhile, kicked off her season with a third-place finish in the under-16 girls’ event.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
It was a solid start to the campaign for the four B&DCC youngsters and one they will all hope to build on.
Next up for the quartet is a meeting at the Redbridge Cycling Centre this weekend.