Barking crash out of cup but also have been swapped into a new league
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Barking crashed out of the Len Cordell Memorial Cup in the quarter-finals as they lost 1-0 to FC Holland.
A wonderful Reuban Cowler strike from a 30-yard free kick and a penalty save from Luke Avenell saw Holland progress in fine style into the last four and dump the Blues out of the competition.
Manager Justin Gardner will now begin planning for the 2021-22 season where Barking will be back in the Isthmian North following the latest non-league restructure of the National League System by the FA.
Joining Barking for next season are Hashtag United FC, who move up from the Essex Senior League and are managed by former Blue Jay Devereux , and Stowmarket Town who move up from the Eastern Counties League.
Moving out are Histon, Soham Town Rangers and Cambridge City.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues have also seen one of the last season’s squad depart as Kane Munday has joined Stowmarket Town ahead of the upcoming campaign.
Munday made just one outing for the Blues before Covid-19 put paid to a second consecutive season.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 6 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed