Big Essex League defeats for Barking, Goresbrook
Barking saw their Hamro Foundation Essex League Division Three hopes hit by defeat at Woodford Green.
Having reduced Green to 108-5, after losing the toss, they saw them recover to post 261-7.
Umaad Sultan (3-37) and Sahaj Chadha (2-28) were the pick of the bowling, but Barking were dismissed for 140 in reply.
Haris Khan (46) top scored, with Chadha (32), Sultan (29) and Gul Zaman Shahzad (24) also making starts as defeat left them in fourth place, 23 points behind the leaders.
Goresbrook lost by an even wider margin at Ardleigh Green & havering-atte-Bower, who piled up 281-7 after choosing to bat.
Ted Ivory (2-29) and Kane Messenger (2-44) nabbed braces for Brook, but they could only manage 103 in reply.
Muhammad Attaullah (25) top scored, as Jordan Calverley (24) and Shaun Ross (23) also made starts.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
- 9 Dagenham man fined £15k for building a two-bed flat in his garden
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
Goresbrook visit Stanford on Saturday, while Barking will look to bounce back when they travel to Bentley.