Moreland feels momentum is with Barking ahead of Maldon trip
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Gale Street club had last Saturday off with no league fixtures scheduled
Barking return to action in London Three Essex on Saturday with a visit to Maldon and Andrew Moreland says his team are desperate to claim back-to-back league triumphs.
In their last match on November 2, the Gale Street club eased to a 55-5 success at home to Millwall for just a third league win of the current term.
Barking will hope to collect consecutive league wins for the first time since February 2016 when they visit Maldon this weekend.
And director of rugby Moreland feels the success over Millwall earlier this month will have given his team a timely boost.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after beating Millwall, Moreland said: “We’ll be going into the Maldon game confident about our chances because we have momentum now, but we have to take it on.”
After a difficult few seasons, the tide appears to be turning at Barking as the club look to embark on the long road back to their former glories.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest
Moreland is aware that will not happen overnight, but believes work is being done to help set the Gale Street outfit on the road to recovery.
“We’re slowly changing the club’s culture, where losses are no longer just accepted,” he added.
“Any win we get, we need to use that to build momentum and the mindset we have now will help us move up the table.
“The performance we gave against Millwall serves as a reminder to the players that they have it in them to do well.”