Barking return to league action after a whirlwind week
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Barking return to Isthmian League North action as they host Tilbury under the Friday night lights after a whirlwind of a week in the FA Cup.
The Blues sealed a 3-2 victory over Ilford on Saturday after replaying their preliminary round tie after the Foxes fielded an illegible player in the original fixture, which Ilford managed to win 3-2 against Justin Gardner’s men.
Ilford opened the scoring in the 12th minute of play, but Barking equalised six minutes before the break, with George Purcell netting his fourth of the campaign.
Purcell added another to that tally before Ilford equalised with 13 minutes remaining, but Kieran Jones broke the Essex Senior League side's hearts with a Blues winner in the 89th minute.
Barking were then due to face league rivals Aveley in the first qualifying round of the competition last night (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
The winners of that tie have been drawn at home to AFC Dunstable in the second qualifying round.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers