Barking Road Runners begin new ELVIS season
- Credit: BRR
Barking Road Runners began a new East London Five Interclub Series (ELVIS) season at a race hosted by Dagenham 88 Runners.
The seven-race series of 5k or five-mile races started with a two-lap course on tarmac and grass in Central Park and trails in Eastbrook Country Park.
All runners agreed it was tough, but enjoyable, with various Covid-19 measures in place, and Jack Nixon led Barking home in 28.54 for fifth place overall.
Joe Stacey (29.44) was next to finish in 11th, with Belinda Riches (41.10) the first female finisher for Barking, who had 22 members in action.
The next race takes place on June 23.
You may also want to watch:
Cristina Cooper (6:37.13) and Daniel Plawiak (5:57.50) also took on a middle distance triathlon at Graffham Water, covering a 1900m swim, 88k bike ride and half marathon run.
And Lauren Garvey competed in the Saxon Shore Ultra, covering 27.6 miles in 5:04.31.
- 1 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 4 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 7 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham