Athletics: Barking Road Runners tackle half marathon challenges
- Credit: Archant
A group of nine Barking Road Runners took part in the Dartford half marathon on Sunday.
With sporting events being postponed and cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak, members tackled a tough, hilly course – including a brutal climb at the 10-mile mark.
And a couple of the group even managed personal bests for the distance, with Colin Jones coming home first in 1:41.09.
Paul Withyman (1:41.19) was not far behind, as Antony Leckerman (1:43.32) and Trevor Cooper (1:43.22) finished not far apart.
Nehal Patel (2:00.03), Cristina Cooper (2:12.49), Veronica Barikor (2:18.03), Alison Fryatt (2:35.04) and Greg Adams (2:39.49) were also in action.
You may also want to watch:
Several members competed in the Brentwood half marathon, with second-claim runner Gary Coombes finishing eighth overall in an unofficial time of 1:16.51.
Andy Hiller (2:08.51) and Les Jay (2:15.15) also ran.
- 1 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 9 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 10 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion