Barking Road Runners enjoy virtual time trial test
- Credit: Archant
Barking Road Runners competed in the third race of their Virtual 5k handicap time trial series last week.
More than 30 members took part between Monday and Saturday on courses of their choosing, with many opting to use the Barking parkrun route, and 19 bettered their handicap time.
Dennis Spencer-Perkins was the latest winner after finishing three minutes and 26 seconds inside his handicap, with Sarah Jones in second place 1.49 ahead of her mark.
Race two winner Gopal Myilsamy was third, 1.41 inside his handicap time.
After three races, Nehal Patel tops the leaderboard with 273 points ahead of Colin Jones (271) and Jason Li (267).
You may also want to watch:
The series is proving very popular so far, with 43 different runners having competed in at least one event and many doing all three.
- 1 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended