Barking Road Runners flock to Chingford League race
- Credit: Barking Roadrunners
It was yet another busy week for Barking Road Runners, with plenty of the members competing in various events, distances and the first race in this year’s Chingford League.
The first race was the Hog Hill 5km at Redbridge Cycle Track on the weekend.
In the men’s race, Joe Stacey finished in 17:49, Adrian Davison 22:35, Daniel Plawiak 23:53, Jason Li 27:24, Andrew Gwilliam 29:04, Martin Mason 29:29, Kresh Veerasamy 38:30 and Micky Ball 43:06.
In the women's race, Rosie Fforde ran it in 24:22, Rabea Begum 26:49, Isobel Pinedo Borobio 28:26 and Alison Fryatt 32:21.
Dennis Spencer-Perkins and Rob Courtier travelled to Scotland for the Musselburgh Half Marathon, finishing in times of 2:14:56 and 2:35:32 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Ron Vialls competed in the Stansted 10k, finishing third in his category with a time of 52:22.
Trevor Parkin started out in the Olympic Park 10k, although ended up only doing 5k due to illness.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 3 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 7 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
Charlotte Owen and Trevor Cooper took part in the Swim Serpentine as well, with Charlotte finishing second in her category.