Barking Road Runners compete in ELVIS race in Hainault
- Credit: Barking Road Runners
Barking Road Runners competed in the fourth ELVIS series race, organised by Ilford Athletics Club at Hainault Country Park.
The first finisher for Barking was Antony Leckerman (37.52), who was closely followed by Trevor Cooper (37.53), John George (38.33) and Paul Ward (39.02).
Rory Burr (40.00), Nehal Patel (41.19) and Ron Vialls (42.35) were next home, ahead of the club's first female Joyce Golder (45.44), Jason Li (47.20) and Chris Anastasi (49.22).
Martin Mason (50.29), Alain Cooper (53.24), Alison Fryatt (54.39), Greg Adams (57.25), Les Jay (60.31), Rob Courtier (61.57) and Kresh Veerasamy (62.31) also ran.
Jack Nixon won the 1,500m at the Southern division masters race in Southend in a terrific time of 4.29.
You may also want to watch:
And Trevor Parkin took part in the London Landmarks half marathon, finishing in 4:28.32.
In this weekend's parkruns, Gabriele Grimaldi was first over the line at Harrow lodge but without a bar code he was recorded as an unknown, while Joe Stacey and Paul Withyman finished second and fifth respectively at Valentines Park.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 4 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 9 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 10 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip