Barking Road Runners take on Elvis race, 10k and two half marathons
- Credit: Barking Road Runners
It was a very busy weekend for Barking Road Runners with members at two half marathons, a 10k and an ELVIS race.
The club had runners at several venues due to rescheduling of different events after cancellations during the Covid pandemic.
Unfortunately this meant they had a very depleted squad at the ELVIS race, in fact they only had two competitors in Trevor Cooper (40.22) and Cristina Cooper (47.57) and both performed admirably.
At the Clacton 10k Jack Nixon finished in second place in an excellent time of 35.08 and was followed home by Ron Vialls (52.12), Dennis Spencer-Perkins (1:08.17) and Alison Fryatt (1:08.18).
In the half marathon, the first finisher for Barking was Faye Spooner in 1:53.37, ahead of Joyce Golder (1:58.22), Isobel Pinedo Borobio (2:26.41) and Rob Courtier (2:48.48).
You may also want to watch:
In the weekend's other big event, the Vitality Big Half in London, Paul Withyman led they way finishing in 1:29.15 followed by Nehal Patel (1:49.02), Daniel Plawiak (1:49.42), Gopal Myilsamy (1:51.58), Rory Burr (1:53.25), Jason Li (2:30.00), Gary Harford (2:38.33) and Ken Summerfield (3:15.37).
Jess Collett finished first in her category at the Brett Lydd 20 mile race in a time of 2:51.38.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 7 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey