Barking Road Runners out in force at several racing events
- Credit: Barking Road Runners
Barking Road Runners were back to a busy schedule as they competed in several events including cross country, marathon, half-marathons, 10ks, five-mile races and duathlon events.
At the Essex summer cross country series race No 5, Joyce Golder completed it in 58:05, Martin Page 1:01:15, Chris Anastasi 1:05:46, Mick Davison 1:07:12, Martin Mason 1:07:13, Gary Harford 1:08:17, Dennis Spencer-Perkins 1:10:46, Alison Fryatt 1:12:41, Rob Courtier 1:14:06 and Les Jay 1:18:26.
Joe Stacey finished in third in the Ingatestone five-mile race, with a time of 28:40, and Martin Mason finished first in his category.
Also running were Ron Vialls, Rosie Fforde, Alison Fryatt, Rob Courtier and Les Jay.
In the Havering Mind half marathon and 10k, Antony Leckerman achieved a time of 1:56:47:2, Jason Li 2:19:27, Greg Adams 2:45:05 and Mick Ball 3:11:24.
You may also want to watch:
John George finished sixth with a time of 49:48:02 in the 10k.
Faye Spooner completed the Brighton Marathon in 4:09:56, despite the organisers admitting the course was 500 metres too long.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed