MacDonnell leads way for Barking Road Runners at Roding Valley half marathon
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Barking Road Runners club
Diarmuid MacDonnell led the way for Barking Road Runners at the Roding Valley half marathon, finishing first out of three club members in action.
MacDonnell finished in a time of one hour, 27 minutes and four seconds, with Paul Withyman (1:38.52) and Andrew Gwilliam (2:08.57) also in action.
David Mottley was also in half marathon action as he took in the Hackney event, finishing in a time of 2:48.46.
Elsewhere, five Road Runners took in the Hockley Woods Challenge, a six-hour race where entrants complete as many 3.4mile laps as they can.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Owen managed six laps, while Natalie Traylen completed five, both Andy Culling and Barry Culling finished four, and Fryatt did three.
At the Essex 20, Rob Courtier completed the competitive event in an impressive time of 3:38.08.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
It certainly was another busy week for plenty of Barking Road Runners members and they will hope to build on those times at future races in the coming weeks.