Barking Road Runners tackle cross-country challenge
- Credit: Barking Road Runners
Barking Road Runners took on round three of the Essex Cross-Country Series at Thorndon Park on Saturday.
Martin Page and Joyce Golder both finished the 10k race in 1:00.48, closely followed by Mick Davison (1:03.43) and Gary Harford (1:05.29).
Marton Mason (1:09.09) was third in his age group, as Chris Anastasi (1:09.35), Dennis Spencer-Perkins (1:10.47), Alison Fryatt (1:12.26) and Rob Courtier (1:26.22) completed the line-up.
Jason Li edged out Mark New in an exciting sprint finish in round six of the club's handicap series, with Golder third.
The fastest run on the night was Jess Collett's 22.12 and Golder holds a one-point lead over Li with one race left on July 15.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Burr travelled to Belfast to take part in the Ormeau parkrun, with events restarting in Northern Ireland. It was his 55th different parkrun and he finished in 23.22.
Several Barking members were out in Comrades tri suits at the weekend for the Grwys sprint triathlon and aqua bike with a category win for Debbie Coyle and second places for Charlotte Owen, Paul Wyatt and Marcin Dubanowski.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'