Close finish to Barking Road Runners handicap 5k series
- Credit: BRR
The seventh and final race in Barking Road Runners summer handicap 5k series proved a close encounter.
Emma Botterill, Joyce Golder and Jason Li all went into the race with a very good chance of winning the overall title and first place on the night went to Daniel Plawiak in 39.43, some 17 seconds inside his handicap.
Botterill was six seconds inside her handicap in 39.54, with Golder finishing fifth and Li in sixth place.
That left Golder and Botterill tied for first place with 492 points, with Li third on 487, and all runners are already looking forward to the next series.
John George was Barking's only representative in the first race of the Orion Harriers five-mile forest five series of three races and finished 46th in a very good time of 39.37 - even better considering he took a detour to increase the distance he ran.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Cooper competed in the Ironbourne middle distance triathlon and finished his 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike ride and 13.1-mile run in a total time of 5:55.01.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'