Barking Road Runners score well in virtual 5k handicap series
- Credit: Barking Road Runners
Barking Road Runners scored their best results to date in race number four of seven in the virtual handicap 5k series.
The club had 27 members submit a time this week where Dennis Spencer-Perkins finished in first place once again with a time one minute and five seconds inside his handicap.
Sophie Wotton was second, 58 seconds inside her handicap, and Ken Summerfield finished third some 55 seconds inside his handicap, with a further nine runners also bettering their handicap times.
Charlotte Owen (382 points) has returned to top spot in the overall series after previous leader Martin Brooks (380) slipped back into second place with Belinda Riches (354) moving up to third.
With three races still to go there is plenty of time for change in the order of merit.
You may also want to watch:
The fifth race in the series will take place in two weeks time.
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 8 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers