Road Runners show form at home and abroad
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Barking Road Runners
Barking Road Runners were out in force this week across Europe, with members in action both in the United Kingdom and on the continent.
As well as the local parkruns, Dennis Spencer-Perkins completed his 70th race at the York event in a time of 34 minutes and 40 seconds.
Rob Courtier completed a parkrun in Düsseldorf on Saturday, followed by a half-marathon in the German city on Sunday, clocking two hours, 43 minutes and 11 seconds.
Many of the club's members were in action at the Great Baddow 10, which doubled as Road Runners' fourth race in their Grand Prix series.
You may also want to watch:
James Lowndes was first home in 1:07.28, followed by Paul Withyman (1:10.37), Colin Jones (1:10.56), Martin Page (1:13.09), Anthony Leckerman (1:15.57), John George (1:18.17), Trevor Cooper (1:19.50), Cristina Cooper (1:30.59), Debra Jean-Baptiste (1:31.49), Robin Booputh (1:34.55), Martin Mason (1:36.20), Les Jay (1:46.12), Alison Fryatt (1:52.06), Michael Ball (2:18.26) and Ken Summerfield (2:40.01).
Natalie Traylen ran the Hackney 5k in 26.20, while Cristina Cooper, Trevor Cooper, Richard Dudbury and Debra Coyle all completed both a triathlon and aquathlon in a busy week.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Stephen Port: Victims' inquests delayed until autumn by Covid
- 4 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 5 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 6 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 7 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 8 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 9 Dagenham fall to heavy defeat at Eastleigh
- 10 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children