Barking Road Runners tackle a new virtual racing event
- Credit: Barking Road Runners
Barking Road Runners competed in a new virtual event this week which was to see how far members could run in 30 minutes, following the success of the hour challenge.
In the case of Martin Page it was a very impressive 4.54 miles - not bad for a 60+ veteran according to the club.
Belinda Riches and Ron Vialls continued their rivalry with Belinda edging out Ron this time round with 3.96 miles to Ron’s 3.91 miles.
Fourth and fifth place were filled by Trevor Cooper and Nehal Patel with 3.80 and 3.70 miles respectively.
Next came Gary Harford (3.41) and second-placed woman Joyce Golder (3.36), while Trevor Parkin who entered his first virtual race for BRR managed 2 miles.
You may also want to watch:
Next week sees round five of the virtual Handicap series which is now entering its final interesting stages.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police