Barking look to get back amongst the front-runners in the league
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Barking will be looking to get back among the front-runners in the Isthmian North with a good run of form.
The Blues will make the short trip away to Basildon United on Saturday after they were also due to host Canvey Island last night (Tuesday) on the back of FA Trophy heartbreak.
Manager Justin Gardner and his side suffered a 2-0 defeat and missed a penalty away to Heybridge Swifts in their second qualifying round tie.
Swifts Dylan Logan broke the deadlock after thirty two minutes when his shot was deflected into the back of the net at Scraley Road Stadium.
Kieran Jones then missed from the spot as Barking had a good chance to get themselves back into the tie in the 59th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Lionel Ainsworth hit the post from range but Fennell was there to follow up for his fifth of the season and make it 2-0 with 13 minutes left to play.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking