Barking continue preparations with Romford victory
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Barking sealed a comfortable 3-0 victory over Isthmian North rivals Romford in their latest pre-season fixture.
The first half was even, although Boro created the better chances, and much of the second half was also even but crucially Barking found the net three times, in the 62nd, 75th and 78th minutes thanks to three trialists.
Barking's first goal was an excellent shot just inside the post that gave substitute keeper Brandon Bullman no chance.
The second came after Steve Carvell's free kick shaved the post with the keeper well beaten, but almost immediately Barking went up the other end and scored.
The third was a bit of a mess, as Bullman played a short pass out to a defender who tried to go long but it ricocheted off an attacker back past the keeper and into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Barking were due to host Clapton CFC last night (Tuesday) as they continue to prepare for the 2021-22 season.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'