London's Bloomsbury Football to get LaLiga support
- Credit: Bloomsbury Football
LaLiga has joined forces with Bloomsbury Football to support the London-based grassroots charity, which uses the power of football to change the game for young people.
In a multi-year agreement, LaLiga will assist the pioneering community work being done by Bloomsbury Football, whose grassroots football initiatives reach over 5,000 young people per week, starting with the sponsorship of Bloomsbury’s youth league in central London from this summer, to be newly renamed as LaLiga x Bloomsbury Football League.
Bloomsbury Football is based on three pillars: that access to regular high-quality football training improves mental and physical health, builds stronger communities, and teaches young people valuable life skills.
Through this multi-season strategic partnership with Bloomsbury, LaLiga and its clubs are supporting grassroots football in London and the continued development of the beautiful game in the United Kingdom.
Founded in 2018, Bloomsbury Football offers an elite football experience to young people aged between 18 months and 18 years old. The organisation’s financial assistance model means that everyone is welcome, regardless of ability to pay or play.
In addition to providing official kit donated by LaLiga Santander and LaLiga SmartBank clubs, LaLiga via its UK office will also provide training and expertise for Bloomsbury’s staff, and host Bloomsbury players at LaLiga watch parties from next season.
This is LaLiga’s first community partnership in the United Kingdom, following the opening of the league’s London office in King’s Cross in early 2020.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 10 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
“It’s amazing that LaLiga is showing their support for grassroots football in London and beyond by supporting our work at Bloomsbury Football," said Charlie Hyman, Founder & CEO of Bloomsbury Football.
"It is so important for all those in the sports industry to show their support of grassroots sporting initiatives, as we really do see the life-changing power that regular physical activity has on young people. We are excited to grow our impact through this partnership with LaLiga and continue to change the game for young people in London."
Keegan Pierce, LaLiga Global Network delegate for the UK and Ireland added: "LaLiga is present on the ground in over 40 territories worldwide, with the aim of assisting sporting development and increasing fan engagement with Spanish football. By supporting the pioneering work of Bloomsbury Football, we aim to give back to our local community here in London whilst inspiring young LaLiga fans in the UK."
The partnership is the latest in several initiatives strengthening LaLiga’s ties to the birthplace of football, including the opening of a full-time London office and launching its own 24/7 television channel, LaLigaTV, in early 2020; as well as opening LaLiga’s first player development programme in England, LaLiga Camps UK, from July 2022.