Clack look for national glory
Robert Clack School s under-16 netball will be looking to lift the national title at the English Schools Netball Championships on Saturday. Two years ago, Robert Clack made the finals for the first time in the school s history. They travel to Northampt
Robert Clack School's under-16 netball will be looking to lift the national title at the English Schools' Netball Championships on Saturday.
Two years ago, Robert Clack made the finals for the first time in the school's history.
They travel to Northamptonshire for the big test at the weekend, but warmed up in style last Thursday when they played superbly against St Martin's School, Brentwood, beating them 28-18 in the semi-finals of the Essex Cup.
To reach that stage, Robert Clack have played five games, beating opposition from all corners of the county, including Rushcroft, Grays Convent School, Gable Hall, Southend High School for Girls and St Martin's.
You may also want to watch:
Katy Georgallides, the girls' PE teacher and coach, said: "This year sees the girls reach the pinnacle of their netballing careers at Robert Clack and, unfortunately, is the last year the girls will play together as a team.
"The squad has been absolutely phenomenal, going from strength to strength and brushing aside all opposition.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 8 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 9 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
"They really are a force to be reckoned with.
"I am sure that the whole borough will be rooting for us in both the National and Essex Cup Finals.
"I have watched this group of netballers develop over their five years at Robert Clack. It was obvious from the start that they were a talented bunch of athletes, but the team spirit which has developed is what makes them outstanding.