Dagenham 88 Runners enjoy Championships and tackle a number of marathon events
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham 88 Runners were out in force at the Essex 20 County Championships in Rochford this weekend.
A number of club members impressed in the event that also saw athletes from Hampshire, Suffolk, Sussex, Kent, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Berkshire take part.
Peter Salmon led the way with a time of 2:29:44, he was shortly followed home by Caroline Tuck (2:45:56) and Rahana Islam (3:11:48).
Michael Pegnall (3:12:45), Hannah Sheikh (3:20:56), Emma Dudman (3:27:44), Rosina Salmon (3:37:15), Lynne Northcott (3:57:12) all crossed the line at the competition.
A number of other club members tackled the Dartford Half Marathon including (Mo Toki (1:59:17), Jane Swanson-Sprent (2:35:59), Debbie Joy (2:36:47) and Sharon Robinson (2:36:50).
You may also want to watch:
Paul Suett finished 13th overall at the Olympic Park 10k and third in his age group category with a time of 38 minutes and 57 seconds.
Emma Vincent (53.53) and Emdad Rahman (56.32) also took part in the race.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
A trio of runners Andy Wright, Alan Wicks and Helen Mackenzie-Cardy all endured the SVN Challenge weekend.
Marios Pitsialis (4:48:33) completed the Tokyo Marathon alongside Gemma to pick up the six star medal of all Marathon Majors – including London, New York, Boston, Chicago, Berlin and Tokyo.
Emdad Rahman completed the Alzheimer’s Society Glow Memory 4.5k Walk in 53 minutes and 20 seconds.
Ryder Islam was first to clock in at the Valentines parkrun with a time of 21 minutes and 29 seconds, with Nils Hollmann (24.54) his closest competition.
Others: Manji Gami 24.59; Rahana Islam 25.45; Ian Cummins 27.15; Emma Dudman 30.39; Hannah Sheikh 30.39; Timi Veerasamy 31.19; Sam Veerasamy 35.26; Beverley Eagles 35:58, Julie Dalphinis 46:34.
Raphaels: Joel Denning 20.54; Jacqueline Frewin 31.09; Suzanne Easley 32.14; Kelly Drake-Tapscott 32.15.
Barking: Pritesh Patel 23.21; Amelia Beazeley 34.42; Jenny O’Hanlon 34.43; Sonya Veerasamy 34.43; Julie Cardnell 36.05; Evie Beazeley 37.06; Andrew Beazeley 37.06; Beatrice Oguntayo 42.06.
Other: Caroline Tuck (Harrow Lodge) 24.01; Bill Metcalfe (Basildon) 44.35; David O’Brien (Clapham) 25.25; Simon Childs (Crosby) 28.30.