Dagenham 88 Runners take on Bluebell five mile run to help raise money for Wildlife
- Credit: Archant
A number of Dagenham 88 Runners tackled the Bluebell five-mile run at the weekend among various other running events.
The off-road run goes through 92 acres of woodland and meadows on the Little Haven Reserve in Thundersley in a bid to raise funds for Essex Wildlife Trust.
Peter Salmon (34.46), Rosina Salmon (48.48), Sara Prior (56.00), Denise Woolston (57.54), Anne Duggan (58.12), Richele Cockley (1:01:00) and Julie Cardnell (1:05:00) all took part.
Meanwhile, clubmates Joel Denning (53.35) and Mick Brown (57.46) both took part in the Havering Tri Duathlon at the Olympic Velopark.
The event started with a two-mile (two-lap) first run then a 10-mile (10-lap) bike section before finishing with a one-mile (one-lap) final run.
You may also want to watch:
Other members enjoyed the Ox Races, which is three days of off-road races, starting with a night run (The Dark Ox).
The Ox Frolic follows on the Saturday, either for solo or teams, with laps of 10.5km, or the challenging Ox 50 which is completing enough laps to hit the 50-mile mark.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 8 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 9 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
The weekend is finished off with the Light Ox on the Sunday which is a quarter lap.
Taking on the Dark Ox were Andy Beazley (1:12:58), Leigh Moring (1:25:15), Lorraine Hilton (1:29:01), Jenny O'Hanlon (1:29:02), Emma O'Shea (1:29:02), and Carol Moring (1:39:06).
Jeff Webster was 11th overall in the Ox 50-Mile, while the Ox Frolic Fours (12-hour relay) included Louise Chappell and Gary Cardnell (seven laps, sixth overall), Ian Cummins and Caroline Cummins (seven laps, seventh) and Luke Summers and Jamie Austin (four laps, 18th).
Timi Veerasamy (3:31:27) and Caroline Cummins (3:35:49) ran the Ox half marathon, while David O'Brien (1:46:36) completed the Leeds half marathon.
Parkrun results, Valentines: Ryder Islam (21.14), Rahana Islam (25.59), Debbie Joy (35.40), Emma Dudman (35.40), Jane Swanson-Sprent (36.04), Beverley Eagles (36.04), Ronnie Waller (37.44) and Julie Dalphinis (43.47).
Raphaels: Robert Woodgate (21.59), Kirstie Woodgate (31.13), William Metcalfe (38.21) and Mark West (38.24).
Barking: Sonya Veerasamy (34.09) and Beatrice Oguntayo (42.53).
Harrow Lodge: Geri Latimer (31.10), Suzanne Easley (31.46) and Stephen Easley (36.23).
Other: Simon Childs (34.06, Margate), David O'Brien (24.10, Fountains Abbey), Andrew McLaren (20.41, Folkstone), Cassie Bryant (26.43, Thurrock), Timi Selon Veerasamy (28.29, Salisbury), Sam Veerasamy (39.12, Salisbury).