Dagenham 88 Runners take on Great North Run and half marathons
- Credit: Dagenham 88 Runners
Dagenham 88 runners travelled the country to take part in races including the Great North Run and Havering half marathon.
In Newcastle, Andy Beazeley (2:06:11) and Jenny O’Hanlon (2:13:30) took on the Great North Run.
In Havering, runners took on the Havering Half Marathon and 10K event.
Peter Salmon completed the race in 01:28:33 and was the first finisher in his age category (MV50), Tracey Sheehy (01:43:44), Nils Hollmann (01:49:20), Rahana Islam (01:59:22), Lynton Fairman (02:08:25), Rosina Salmon (02:08:45), Jason Manning (02:09:19), John Hughes (02:11:27), Emma Dudman (02:11:52), Simon Childs (02:17:17) and Melissa Embery (02:19:42).
Timi Veerasamy (2:20:01) was the first finisher in her age category (FV60), Beverley Eagles (02:26:07), Grace Kelly (02:31:35), Emma O'Shea (02:33:46), Lorraine Moor Hilton (02:33:47) and Lee Davis (03:21:30).
You may also want to watch:
In the 10k, Christine Lardner finished in 01:17:08 and was the first finisher in her age category (FV70), Richele Cockley (01:17:09), Jacqui Elliott (01:36:17) and Natalie Summers (01:36:23).
In the water, Jane Swanson-Sprent completed the 5K swimathon at the Beacontree 50m pool in 1:55:12.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
Over in London Fields Lido, Rahana and Ryder Islam completed the 5KM Swimathon relay in just under two hours.
Parkrun on Saturday was mainly a local affair with the following people taking part at the following venues:
Valentines: Julie Dalphinis - 00:50:31
Rob Newton - 00:21:23
Jeff Webster - 00:29:18
John Hughes - 00:30:08
David O’Brien - 00:56:08
Nigel Swinburne - 00:19:36
Emma Dudman - 00:28:43
Emma O’Shea - 00:30:35
Mark West - 00:33:12
Julie Cardnell - 00:35:53
Harrow Lodge: Caroline Tuck - 00:23:44