Dagenham & Redbridge agree new deal with Mauro Vilhete
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dagenham & Redbridge have announced that versatile midfielder Mauro Vilhete has signed a new contract with the club until 2023.
Vilhete signed with the Daggers in March 2021 from Wingate & Finchley, scoring one goal in Dagenham & Redbridge’s 3-0 win at home to Halifax.
The Portuguese midfielder began his career at Barnet, where he became the club's youngest ever Football League player in 2010 and has since enjoyed a number of years playing in the National League.
Speaking on Mauro's contract extension, Daryl McMahon said: "It's brilliant that we can welcome Maz back. He came in and helped the team a lot last season.
"He's very versatile and it's great for us to have someone who can play so many positions as well as he can.
You may also want to watch:
"The speed and energy he brings makes him a very good 1v1 player, and he compliments the style of football that we finished last season with."
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'