Dagenham Boxing duo progress in National semi-finals
- Credit: Dagenham BC
Dagenham’s two Junior Championship entries battled for their place in the National Semi Finals at the Royal Harbour Academy, in Ramsgate on Saturday.
Harry Carter and Kaizer Syed were in action against opposition from the Southern Counties ABA.
Syed met Cameron Pooley (Hastings West Hill ABC) in a very evenly contested bout.
It was Syed who made good use of his reach and height advantage to edge in front in the first round.
But Pooley hit back in the second round with fast combinations to level the scores, going into the third and final round.
You may also want to watch:
It was Syed who upped the pace, with fast two fisted attacks to secure his place in the National Junior Cadet 52kg Semi-final, in Nottingham this weekend, via a 4-1 Split decision.
Club mate Harry Carter met Jack Carter (Wiseman Boxing) in a thrilling contest, where Harry’s pressure was met with excellent counter boxing by the Southern Counties boxer.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
Despite a massive effort to turn the tables by Harry, it was Jack Carter who moves into the National semi-final, with a unanimous decision.