Dagenham girl wins trip to the Parlaympic Games
A Dagenham girl had a once-in-a-lifetime experience after winning a five-star, all-expenses-paid trip to the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Katumu Kailondo, nine, was allowed backstage access to watch Paralympic swimming and wheelchair basketball over three days from September 1 and had the chance to meet former bronze-medal winning wheelchair basketball star Kevin Hayes.
The keen swimmer was one of 100 prize-winners from the nationwide McDonald’s Mascotathon competition who had to record their sporting activities online in order to earn the dream prize.
“It was a great experience,” said Katumu, “My favourite part was going to the Olympic Park and seeing the basketball and the swimming.”
Katumu’s mother, Margaret, who joined her on the special trip, said the whole family was thrilled about Katumu’s triumph.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the winners was given a special medal ceremony on arrival and received exclusive clothing and soft toys from Mascotathon. email@example.com
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods