Dagenham boss McMahon delighted with 'team performance' in Bromley win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dagenham & Redbridge manager Daryl McMahon delighted to see his side put in a battling team performance as they sealed a 1-0 win over Bromley.
Daggers ended a four game winless run to move up to 16th in the National League table thanks to a 25th minute strike from Liam Gordon at Victoria Road.
“I thought it was a very good performance, a very together performance, and I thought the team worked very hard for each other,” McMahon admitted.
“I thought we defended as a team really well against a big strong, physical Bromley team, and I've got to be honest I don’t think I've ever played against a team bigger than Bromley.
“Near on every player on the pitch apart from the two wide players were six foot plus so I thought we defended our box well and all set plays.”
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Charlee Adams came into the starting line-up after a long absence alongside Dean Rance and Matt Robinson.
The boss praised both Adams and Matt Robinson for their impact on the game.
- 1 Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- 2 Calls to remove Dagenham 5G mast after blaze
- 3 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 4 New freeport in Dagenham gets the green light from the chancellor
- 5 Stabbing in Barking leaves man fighting for his life
- 6 Police raid Barking addresses in operation to stop revenge gang attacks
- 7 'Long Covid' clinic set up by BHRUT for those still suffering
- 8 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 9 'Half of 5G phone mast' in Dagenham left damaged by late night fire
- 10 Council tax is rising by five per cent in Barking and Dagenham
“They took their chances to come in and play well. That’s all you can ask as a manager from those players and they’ve been training well so deserved the opportunity to play.
“Same as Matt Robinson a month ago, he came back into the team, and he’s been outstanding since he has come back in.
“For me Robbo was our best player, in that last 10-15 minutes when you have that anxiousness because you want to win, he was the one of the ball and keeping it for us.
“Likewise Charlee coming in was excellent.”