Will Wright improving at a 'rapid rate' says Daggers boss McMahon
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Will Wright is developing at a ‘rapid rate’ insists Dagenham & Redbridge manager Daryl McMahon after his impressive start to the new season.
The 24-year-old has netted three times and picked up a further three assists from centre-back in the opening six fixtures of the National League.
Dagenham sit top of the table and Wright has captained the side in most of those games since Angelo Balanta went off injured on the opening day of the season.
Wright netted a brace in their latest 4-2 victory over Weymouth to help guide the Daggers to victory after trailing 2-1 at half-time.
“Will is very good on the ball, we know that, he’s a danger from set-pieces. The first goal was a terrific finish as it was falling to him you just hoped that he kept him down as he can strike through the ball really well,” McMahon said.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s one that is developing at a rapid rate and has been for the last six to eight months. He’s still got work to do, but he was outstanding.”
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers